Re: pcmcia dial tone passthrough

Michael Klenner <mdk1143@is.NYU.EDU> wrote:
|> phone system would in fact dial.)  What does this mean? I can think of
|> three possible situations:
|>
|> 1) The local phone system has problems with its monitoring sensitivity.
|> 2) The MHz is not generating signals at the appropriate level.
|> 3) The MHz DSP is generating skewed frequencies.

Or, as someone mentioned, it was a pulse-only line. I have such a line (for
$50/year for tone, I'll stay pulse for the low amount of dialout that I
do), and until I reconfigure new software from ATDT to ATDP, I get the same
hear-the-tones-but-never-get-past-the-dialtone problem mentioned in the
original note.

	Jeffrey
Jeffrey Friedl <jfriedl@omron.co.jp> Omron Corp, Nagaokakyo, Kyoto 617 Japan
See my Jap<->Eng dictionary at http://www.wg.omron.co.jp/cgi-bin/j-e