ThinkPad vs. Competition

I am currently doing much research on the future purchase of an IBM
Thinkpad notebook. The models i am considering will probably be in the
760CD class. I recently saw a preview on the new Micro Millennia
Transport notebook. The model had a Pentium 133mhz, 32 mb ram, 1.3GB HD,
quad-speed CD Rom, 11.3 -inch Super VGA display, PCI 64-bit graphics
accelerator, 256KB L2 pipeline burst cache, etc., etc. The interesting
thing is the price is approx $5,799. I would like to know why this model
is less expensive than the IBM ThinkPad High end models, and what you
would say are the differences between the ThinkPads and its competitors.
I would like to thank you in advance for all your help.

Regards,
Maury