Re: Icons in Windows

Scoundrl wrote:
> Here's my problem, now.
>
> I am not too "fluent" in Windows 3.1, so my question might appear
> elementary.  The damn Ditto software has created icons that
> appear at the bottom of my screen at Windows bootup- as if they > were minimized programs that were started in the STARTUP window.

I have the same attitude toward these things (it does the same
thing in WIndows 95). Perhaps I dislike them more since the product
doesn't work on my TP 700C and there is no uninstall for the
software.

However, it is easy to do what you want. In Win95, you can right
button the icon and a menu which include "close" comes up; there
should be something similar in Win 3.  If you want to stop it from
starting up, look in \windows\win.ini for something like

LOAD=D:\QBWIN\DITTO.EXE

That's the line that is starting it up automatically.
I don't know why they needed to do that.

	Rich Fritzson