Re: TO buy Thinkpad 755cd or 755cdv????

"THe THinkPAd 755cd in a year from now will be hopefully in my range of
purchase $4500-$5000 CDN, and if i don't get the CDV model I will purchase
an overhead display (i am not sure how much a decent one will cost in a
year or two). I heard, however, that the CDV model has a major problem in
that it overheats and melts when on the projector (this would not be too
nice given the cost of the machine). Therefore, perhaps the CD model
would be better for me."

If you are thinking of buying an obsolete model (the 755cd will be very
obsolete a year fro now), you will find that, if you can indeed find a
new one still to buy -- somewhat dubious, it will have a fire sale price,
much lower than what you suggest.

Thinkpads lose value tremendously fast, and yu can indeed get great deals
by willing to be behind the wavefront of development, but 18 months might
be too long (the 755CD is after all already obsoleted by the 760CD). A
year is a LONG time in this market.