28.8kbps PCMCIA fax/modem cards

Much as I love MWAVE (especially after all FaxWorks started working again),
I really need a portable modem that works under Linux.  In scanning the
catalogues, I've noticed at least four contenders for 28.8kbps PCMCIA
fax/modem card championship:

	Megahertz X-Jack
	USR Sportster
	TDK Global Class
	New Media NetSurfer

All are in the same ball park pricewise (around $US250 give or take).
The TDK card claims the ability to compensate for different phone
standards in different countries.  I've never found the MWAVE modem to
have any trouble with this as long as you disable dialtone detection.
If my USR Sportster external is any indication, I'd prefer staying away
from that unit, but if others have good experiences with the PC card,
I'll give it some thought.

I'd send to comp.dcom.modems but the SNR there is very low.  I'd appreciate
e-mail from you if you have good or bad things to say about these cards.  If
there's a repository for this information already, please let me know and
apologies in advance for cluttering your mailbox.

I'd be happy to summarise responses, but I think it's probably most
suitable just to send me e-mail for now.

Regards,
Eugene Fiume.