755CX/Dock II Runtime

Hi again,

Now that my 755cx SVGA is truely serving as both a laptop and a pretty
damned good desktop replacement; (it has 32 megs RAM, 810 Meg internal HDD,
1 Gig external SCSI HDD, 4x SCSI CD-ROM, PCMCIA Ethernet, and NEC 3FGe 15"
Monitor), I wonder if it's really a good idea to treat it exactly as I would
treat a desktop system.  That is, can I safely leave it up an running 24/7
as do with my desktop, or are there heat dissipation issues that would make
this a bad idea?  I know that IBM doesn't really warrant these things for
"continuous operation" but I wish them luck enforcing such an exclusion.
Also, if I can leave the thing up all the time, should I leave its Li-Ion
battery inside, or remove it until such a time as I'm going on the hoof?
(Li-Ion bricks tend to lose charge fairly quickly if not used, so I would
like to leave it in if there's no harm done to the battery or the system.)

Thanks a bunch.
---
Michael Klenner                          East: klennerm@is.nyu.edu
New York University                      West: mklenner@pacificnet.net