Re: irq's used by pcmcia devices ?

At 01:57 PM 2/29/96 -0800, you wrote:

>is there a way to find this out ?  i cant seem to find this anywhere,
>control panel, thinkpad advisor etc.  my motivation is not being able
>to use 2 pcmcia devices concurrently.
>
>thanks !
>
>doug

Doug,

If you installed the TP PCMCIA stuff under Windows or Warp, you should find
a PC Card Director
icon.  Double click and double click on the slot with the card.  If it is
configured, it should report
the IRQ and IO address block(s) used when configured.  This of course
assumes that you have
the PCMCIA drivers correctly loaded in config.sys and for DOS/WIN have
EMM386 correctly set up
to give the PCMCIA drivers the correct size block of upper memory.

If you have the TP PCMCIA stuff, you might check to see if you are current.
You can download
the newest versions from www.pc.ibm.com and other IBM sites.  There are some
fixes in the
later versions.

Some cards will not configure without a special enabling program.  For
example, I have a
PCMCIA GPIB (IEEE-488 bus) card that will not enable until a special routine
which is linked
with the program I build runs.  It will NOT work with OS/2 as it uses only
DOS CS/SS to enable.

If you run Warp, the system Info program can report quite a bit about
PCMCIA.  Also, rmview /IRQ
will report interrupt usage and rmview /IO will report IO addresses.

Hope this helps,

Stuart

Stuart F. Biggar
Remote Sensing Group