Re: Panasonic KXL-D720 / SCSI

Thank you (Eric Wong) for your input about your PCMCIA SCSI card.  At last,
I know that it is possible to have it working with Win95 drivers on a TP750
! So, there is definitely a problem in my configuration (monochrome TP750
with the same BIOS as yours), and I should try a complete reinstall of
Win95... whenever I have time.

However, there is still one thing that I do not understand.  Two days ago, I
saw a TP701 with Win95 in a computer shop.  I looked into the device
manager, and noticed that (in "by connection" mode) the "PCMCIA card" stuff
hung under "P&P BIOS".  On my TP750, it hangs directly under "Computer",
which sounds correct as the BIOS is not supposed to support plug-and-play.
Now, how comes that the PC card can still be hot swapped and is correctly
detected, including attached disks ? What is the P&P BIOS for ? Dos anybody
on the list know about it ?

Akira TERAO
>>setting up a Bus Toaster PCMCIA SCSI card under Win95.  The card works fine
>>with 16-bit DOS drivers, but not with 32-bit Win95 drivers.
>>Which drivers do you use in your configuration ? Did you enable Win95 PCMCIA
>>support ? Can you hot swap ?
>
>The driver is d720mini.mpd as quoted from the SYSTEM PROPERTIES of MY COMPUTER.
>All drivers reported by the system are 32bit. These are other
>information under the SCSI Controllers section.
>
>Panasonic KXLC001 Properties
>
>General
>Device Type: SCSI Controller
>Manufacturer: Panasonic
>Hardware Version: Not Available
>
>Driver
>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\IOSUBSYS\d720mini.mpd
>Provider: Kyushu Matsushita Electric Co., Ltd.
>File Version: 1.00
>

>Yes, I've enabled the Win95 PCMCIA support and it can be hot swapped. It
>successfully recognises both the drives after re-inserting the PC-CARD.
>
>>I have a TP750 monochrome, and wonder if I am having trouble because this
>>model does not support plug-and-play (but does it mean that it does not
>>support Win95 PCMCIA drivers ?) or because of a bad configuration somewhere.
>>
>>Thanks for any comment.
>>
>>Akira TERAO
>
>My machine is TP750Cs with the BIOS dated 03/31/95.
National Institute of Bioscience and Human-Technology    ... jeunesse...
Nervous Informatics Laboratory                   ... la ...
1-1 Higashi, Tsukuba                ... forment ...    Tel:  +81-298-54.6630
Ibaraki 305            ... voyages ...                 Fax:  +81-298-54.6633
Japan         ... Les ...                            eMail: Terao@NIBH.go.jp