(Fwd) Thinkpad 755CX & Win95 Performance...

To all who repsonded,

Thanks for your quick reply, but maybe I should be a little more specific about
my configuration and where I find the slowdown.

Configuration:
	IBM Thinkpad 755CX with MWave Telephony & SVGA screen (800x600)
	16 MB IC DRAM card
	3COM 3c589 Ethernet Card

Performance Degradation:
	1.  Upon start-up, the machine works like a charm - no performance issues.
	2.  MWave Connection @ 14.4 kbps - no performance issues.
	3.  MWave Connection @ 28.8 kbps - NOTICEABLE PERFORMANCE DEGRADATION!

Since I installed the Win95 resource kit, I started up the system monitoring
utility to see what happens when I connect at 28.8 and 14.4 respectively.  When
connected at 28.8, my CPU utilization OFTEN peaks out at 100%!  This is no lie!
However, I can barely make the thing peak over 70% if only connected at 14.4
kbps.

I think I know the culprit but cannot verify this.  I think the problem is
that MWave when connected at 28.8 kbps cannot handle WAV sounds and is heavily
taxed.  While I don't miss my sounds (didn't have it under WFWG 3.11 @ 28.8),
I was wondering if there was a way to automatically turn off the system sounds
when I connect at 28.8.

Once again, thanks!

...patrick

P.S.  Prior to my upgrade, I almost hesitated because everyone was talking
about suspend problems with Win95 and the 755CX.  I have had no problems
whatsoever on this issue, but there is one quirk about the Shutdown menu.  I
cannot "Restart the computer in MS-DOS mode" as the machine always boots up the
GUI.