is MWave DOS really needed for MWave 2.10 for Win95

     Ok.  Here's a potentially stupid question.  The official documentation
     for the MWave 2.10 for Win95 says that MWave for DOS 2.0 must be
     installed in advance.  (The stupid part is why would anyone question
     the official documentation--on the other hand...)  I believe I've seen
     at least one posting that the Win95 stuff didn't seem to really need
     the DOS stuff.  Can anyone confirm this?

     Thanks!

     Scott