P.Goddard - Intro

Hi,
This is my intro to this list. I'm Peter Goddard, I'm a film editor
working in London and I have had a TP 755CE. 535Mb HD,
16Mb RAM, Psion V34 PCMCIA modem,
Adaptec SlimSCSI 460 card, all working fine under Win 95.

I really like the Thinkpads, they're great machines, the best.

A new 850Mb HD is on order so that I can install Linux, I guess that
I'll be needing help from some of you when I start that.

One question: Since the very early days of owning the machine I have
noticed an aberration with the screen display, very slight horizontal
lines moving down the screen, only on mains power. The power supply
and power supply card inside the machine have been replaced to no
avail.It's not a major problem, mostly I don't notice it but.....
 anyone seen this before?