RE: Internet Services...

>** Reply to note from  <BrianPK@aol.com> 02/07/96  8:21pm -0500
>
>> I know this is off the point of the main discusion thread, but I am looking
>> to set up an internet account that will allow me the following:
>>
>> 1.  E-mail
>> 2.  Local numbers for most major cities
>> 3.  Ability to read newsgroups
>> 4.  Free server space for a small web page
>> 5.  Unlimited access

Just wanted to throw my $.02 in...

I wholeheartedly encourage anyone looking for an ISP to support a local business and not throw their hard earned $ once every hour towards a corporate monolith that wants to censor your speech...(and no, I don't own an ISP ;)

ObTP: At the office, I usually plug my 755Cs into an external CRT to save the wear on my poor little eyes. There are about 4 different ones I use.

Can I set IBMVESA (I have w95) to one setting so that it'll support various SVGAs without the slight flickering that I have now? or do I have to set it each time I change? Nor have I been successfull in getting resolutions higher than 640x480. What to do?

Thanks for any assistance,

-josh

PS: no progress on suspend/hibernate with the Toshiba 1.3g HDD yet, though I am able to force it to spin down by using the screen off keys (Fn + F3) *twice*. Hold Fn press F3 once, the screen shuts off, keep holding Fn, press F3 again, the drive spins down. Also, when on battery power, with autosuspend set, the TP manages to get the screen turned off, but the hard drive light sticks on and the machine locks tight.