Power Brick or Inverter

I am using my TP755CD in our van and supply the power via an inverter and
the 115 volt power brick.  Several days ago, the machine beeped several
times and went on "battery" power, while still connected to the
inverter.  When the battery fully discharged, the power brick still
wouldn't provide external power-  even when plugged into the wall.

That evening, I again tried plugging the power brick into the wall and
was rewarded with external power and a recharge of the battery.  The
following day, I again plugged the power brick into the car's inverter
and got flashing lights, reboots and the screen flickering between high
and low intensity.

Logic would dictate that the inverter was at fault.  However, there are
several unanswered questions.

1) Why would the external power not be available the first time I tried
powering the brick from a wall socket.  It had almost 2-1/2 hours to
"cool down" if such a thing would be necessary.

2) I have had problems intermittently with the "refresh" cycle.  When I
tell the machine to cycle the battery, it discharges, but fails to
recharge until I depress the red button in the back of the machine.

3) I wiggled the plug at the laptop and all seems to be tight.

Tom

Thomas A. Gauldin       Here's to the land of the longleaf pine,
Raleigh, NC             The summerland where the sun doth shine,
BSRB45A on Prodigy      Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great,
FAX (919) 676-1404      Here's to Downhome, the Old North State.