Re: Memory Parity Errors

Joe asks:

"I recently added a 8MB DIMM Parity module to by 755cx (for total of
16MB) and am getting error messages as follows:

System Halted
parity error detected

The only way to restart the machine is to turn it off (CTRL-ALT-DEL
won't work). This tends to happen when I am communicating. Any
suggestions on what I should do? I have installed the latest BIOS from
Sys 1.40 disks."

Is there any reason to think that this is other than what it says, namely
a parity error? The reason for using parity memory is after all to detect
parity errors! It seems quite likely that you have a bad memory module.
Try reseating both the DIMM and its adapter.