Re: Will IBM fix the 755XX suspend problem?

It isn't clear to me exactly which model(s) Mike is talking about having
problems with. The problems with A/C attached have been with the TP series
since at least the 750 family. I personally gave up on Hibernation when I
upgraded my 750 RAM to 20Meg and felt I didn't have enough disk space to
handle the hibernation file and also lacked the patience to deal with the
problems hibernation had. I have never missed it.

With the 755CE, I found that the suspend on A/C problems continued, until
I installed SYTPE140 BIOS. Of course, to be fair, around that time, I also
installed the Mwave 2.0 stuff, which made the Mwave modem functions work,
which meant that I could yank my XJ2144 PCMCIA modem. Way back in the back
of my mind, I have this feeling that whenever I had no PCMCIA cards inserted,
that suspend on A/C worked. So, maybe it isn't a fix in the BIOS, but rather
the fact that I don't currently need a PCMCIA card.

Before this, I had resigned myself to the fact that I would have to unplug
before suspending, rather than unplug after suspending. No big deal.

Ron.