Re: AC Power Connection for TP755CD

At 10:15 AM 1/22/96, <ds0104@deq.state.la.us> wrote:
>Hi, I have a 755CD which is about 6 months old.  The connection for the AC
>adapter is becoming flaky.  I can't always get a good connection when I
>plug it in to the back of the 755CD, I usually have to wiggle the plug on
>the back of the thinkpad.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Can IBM fix
>it?

        Its under warranty--of course it can be fixed (or replaced).

        Are you sure it is the computer's-end plug, or is it the cable
you're sticking into it?  I know I had a similar problem with my 750C a
year or so ago--that little "spark arrester" thing near the end of the
cable was twisted to often that it wore an opening in the plug so the wires
were exposed.  A quick call in and I received a new one--no questions
asked.  I sent the old one back.  This is the kind of service that you pay
that huge premium on an IBM ThinkPad for--and I really like it.  Had it
happened with my old Sharp notebook computer I wouldn't even have a phone
number to call, let alone that kind of quick service.

>  Also if I have to send my tp in, should I remove things like the hard
>drive, extra memory, etc?

        Yes--don't send in anything that is easily removable unless that
removable item requires repair.  Keep the HD, the Battery, etc.

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Home Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business                |          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner
Southern Cal--Rose Bowl Champions, 1996!!