Re: MWave performance at 28.8

> Well, I use it largely to POP into my provider to get and send mail using
> Eudora, do Web surfing, and anything else on the 'net. The symptoms are that
> if I don't back down to 19200 on my dial-up, I get assorted hang-ups, dead
> connections, inability to do name resolution, and it hardly ever works.
> Unless, sometimes, I connect at a pure 28.8. It seems that any backoff isn't
> working properly.
  I haven't correlated the faceplants with speed.  I've tried throttling
  back to 19200, but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
  The not being able to write characters messages have me
  worried...it's too bad Windows doesn't give you warning messages.

  Our normal home system uses a Microcom Fast EP modem
  running Warp Connect at connections of 26400.  There are no
  warning messages in the SLIP window with this setup...

  If your provider is Netcom, we have something in common...

 ken