Mwave Configuration (was: RE: My review and experiences w/ 760CD)

On 11-JAN-1995, ACUS02@WACCVM.corp.mot.com "David McAnally" wrote:

> On 10 Jan 1996 22:10:12 -0700 Robert Dewar (DEWAR) wrote...

> (...)

> > I have everything up and running except the Mwave modem, my communication
> > program simply does not think the COM port is present. I seem to remember
> > having to do a bunch of fiddling to get the Mwave modem up on my 755CX
> > byt I do not remember what it was.

> > Any tips?

> I just went through this with my new 760C.  Make sure the COM2 port is
> enabled in "ThinkPad Features".  Make sure the Mwave Modem program is
> started before you start your communication program.

> Regards,
> David McAnally

On my 755CE with a working MWave modem, both COM ports are set to disabled in
the ThinkPad features.  Is there a differenct between the 755CE Mwave and the
760C Mwave?

Dennis Gormley                                              ####
Ashland, NJ                                               (-O-O-)
GORMLEY@HSLC.ORG                                         ( ======)===@=====@===
http://www.hslc.org/mcdermotts_handy.html                 #######   //    //