Re: My review and experiences w/ 760CD

"I just went through this with my new 760C.  Make sure the COM2 port is
enabled in "ThinkPad Features".  Make sure the Mwave Modem program is
started before you start your communication program."

Not sure what you mean by this, I have the internal modem enabled on COM2
in thinkpad features, and I certainly start the Mwave before my comms
program, but it still dies with cannot open Com1.

Same thing happens if I disable IR and serial port and make the internal
modem COm1.