Re: PCMCIA Ethernet card & OS/2

We are trying to set up a PCMCIA 3Com Etherlink III (3C589?) card in a
Thinkpad 755C for use on a TCP/IP network.  When we tried using the driver
that came with the machine, the card was not recognized.

After talking with 3Com tech support, we switched to using this driver
(ELPC3.OS2).  However, the system crashes during boot with this driver.

It appears that our problems might be with what we understand is
called "Card and Socket Services", since this is required for their
driver.  When we go into the "Plug and Play PCMCIA" program and look
at what it thinks are in the slots, we see a modem in slot 0, and a
LAN card in slot 1, but the later is "not ready".  When we get
detailed information, we don't see an assigned I/O address or IRQ.

We noticed that the file \OS2\AUTODRV2.INI seems related to this.
Is the an input or output file?  Do we have to modify this file too?

Does anybody have any suggestions as to what might be going wrong?