Re: Airborne Express

On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Randy Whittle wrote:

>         I am in complete awe at how major companies like IBM and Adobe are
> the least bit willing to do business with a totally screwed-up outfit like
> Airborne Express.

Money, of course. When I worked with Wolf Camera, they dumped FedEx for
AE based on sume signifigant price savings - most of the 120+ stores did
daily FedEx Box shipments.

It was a mess. AE failed to make pickups, took days to get "overnight"
packages from Miami to Atlanta, apparently let Dumbo take tap dancing
lessons on our packages, etc. I don't think there's a former Wolf Florida
exployee from 1989 who doesn't hate them - they delayed paychecks on
several occassions.

Sorry to go off on a tangent of sorts, but it is related to purchases
from PC Direct.... They were no prize in this either - I ordered the dock
on tuesday and they got it out of the warehouse on sunday, despite it
being in stock on tuesday. Sheesh.