Re: Mwave and other problems...

At 04:15 PM 1/4/96 -0500, BrianPK@aol.com wrote:

>I have a TP755ce with the upgraded 28.8 mwave modem.  It works fine with one
>exception:  When I try to use Faxworks Pro and I que up a job to print, it
>dials, begins to connect, and then dies, saying it has a communication error.
> I have tried this with different phone lines, fax machines, etc., and have
>even tried reinstalling the program. Nothing seems to work...

I had a similar experience today.  On receive or send it broke off or
wouln't start citing communication error.  Then another application warned that
it couldn't find enough memory.  I restarted windows, didn't run as much
stuff, and it works again.  I have a 755CD with 24 MB of memory.

Now to MY unsolved problem.  Whenever I run just windows 3.1 and suspend/
resume, all the status lights on MWAVE modem light up and it becomes
useless.  This doesn't happen in OS/2 or windows under OS/2.
Since Faxworks (the one with Voice also) won't work under win/os2, that
makes the "resume on ring" option rather useless! (it wakes up to find
that mwave is dead, and it can't answer the phone.)

Any clues or magic incantations?

-Don Perley

perley@cadence.com