Re: WIN95 Installation

At 01:29 PM 1/4/96 -0500, STEVE GODFREY, (613) 788-4386 wrote:
>Hi,
>  I am looking to install Win 95.  I have a thinkpad 755Cs.  I understand
>I should first run the thinkpad Windows setup disk and the system program
diskette first.  From the documentation I get the impression that the thinkpad
>windows setup disk installs windows 95.  Am I missing something?

Yes. In fact, the setup disk prepares the TP for Win95. I merely formatted
the hard drive, loaded DOS and MWave 2.0, then went from there. Do make sure
you have the latest BIOS installed, however!

>Also,  I have a panosonic external CD Rom Drive.  Can I install the CD version
>of windows 95 from this?

Yep. As long as you install the SCSI drivers under DOS (i.e., you can read
it when you start your install). Win95, after all, is merely DOS heavy...  ;-)

Cheers,
ssh
--
Steve Hultquist                                Worldwide Solutions, Inc.
Distributed Systems and Internet Engineering           Boulder, Colorado