damn thinkpads!

That's quite true... I had a couple of problems with a mono 720 running
os2: IBM told me that the 720 is too old to have the relevant information
around. My recent experiences with their helpline were frustrating: none
of the people I was talking to recently did know what he was talking about
(which isn't always the case, fortunately). When I had a question about the
755CD the guy didn't even know that there is a TP with an internal CD-Rom
drive...
In Germany it is next to impossible getting to know any technical details
of TP hardware. If you need reliable information you have to order the
appropriate reference manuals. I don't know why it has to be like this but
it seems that IBM prefers that way.

Christoph Eyrich
---
eyrich@zedat.fu-berlin.de