TP755 and SlimSCSI

I´m using a TP755Ce and a Adaptec PCMCIA SlimSCSI with Win 3.11 and Win95. I´ve had no problems but recently the system gives me some headache.
Copying between harddisk and CD is no problems but installing from the CD usually causes i message similar to "file corrupt" or "bad installation file". I´ve tried other adapters (the one in Dock I) and then the installation works allright, but not with the Adaptec PCMCIA. Anybody got a clue ?

Peter S
Stockholm, Sweden