Re: 750M -> 750C

On Thu, 21 Dec 1995, Don Whiteside wrote:

>   IBM used to babble about upgrades to color, but it never happened
> because they couldn't make the color units in sufficient quanity, much
> less upgrade kits.
>   Does anyone know if they ever did make them? Seems unlikely I can get
> one now, but I can dream.....

Hello Don,

	I called IBM about 2 weeks ago regarding the exact same question.
They told me that they were never available to end users. Not exactly
sure what that means. But they told me that it was too costly an upgrade
like you said. I noticed, just FYI, the the video featured disk says that
the Color TP750 can support 32k color but the 750 mono cannot on external
monitors. I forget to ask the technical support if this was a reason for
not being able to upgrade. Does anyone know what's up with this? I thought
both had the same video card. I wanted to run one of those TV tuners in
my TP.

later....

-john (sterni@scf.usc.edu)