Re: questions on Linux and thinkpads

|> are there CDROM/PCMICA combinations supported by Linux? How about above
|> question for Elf version of Linux?  is it true, as we have been told,
|> that you cannot run X on Elf/Linux on a TP?

I don't know about the 755CD's interal CD drive, but I run Linux on
my 755cx and have no problem with the PCMCIA support. I use on-demand
loadable modules -- they drivers are not part of the kernel but are loaded
automatically when a card is inserted. I've used a DRAM memory card,
SCSI, modem, and Ethernet cards all w/o any kind of special drivers.
Truly "plug'n'work".

I also run X.

I can't possibly imagine what Elf would have to do with it. It's merely
an object-file format. The code that gets executed is the same as
the "normal" a.out format.

	Jeffrey