flaky ac connector

Anyone else experience flakiness in the power connector that plugs
into the back of a 755cx (probably same as other 755 series)?  I can't
tell for sure whether the flakiness is in the adapter's plug or on the
thinkpad side itself.  The pins inside the thinkpad feel solid enough.
The tip of the adapter plug has loosened up in the sleeve that
surrounds it a bit further back (the sleeve has separated slightly
into its two halves).  It's all kind of hard to describe.  Is trouble
with the ac adapter a common problem?

The Thinkpad is nicer than my old Toshiba 4600 in many many ways,
but one thing Toshiba did right is used a standard barrel-type dc
power connector.