Re: How to rebuild stripped system (755cx)?

On Dec. 12 95, 20:08 PST, "John H. Kim" <jokim@tuna.mit.edu> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 1995, Chris Osborn wrote:

>> that. Now I can actually close the lid while NeXTSTEP is running
>> and not hang it! :-)

> FYI, many of the APM settings remain even if you quit DOS/Windows/OS/2.
> If you set the machine from DOS so it won't suspend when you close
> the lid, then boot Linux, it won't suspend if you close the lid.
> I do this to vary the screen and hard drive timeouts.  I don't see
> why it should be any different for NeXTSTEP.

No, that isn't what I mean.

Under the 1.30 BIOS, closing the lid would cause NeXTSTEP to *try*
to go into suspend mode, but it would just hang NeXTSTEP, because
apparently the BIOS wasn't capable of dealing with 32bit mode. It
seems that the 1.40 BIOS has fixed that.

BTW, how do even disable just suspend mode anyway?

---
Chris Osborn, Network Administrator       Voice: 707 253 3130
Napa Valley College                         Fax: 707 253 3063
2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy., Napa, CA, 94558
<fozztexx@nvc.cc.ca.us>           MIME ok, NeXTMail tolerated