Re: TP701 owners?

I'm one of the 701 owners, as you know.  I'm not sure what i prefer about
having our own 701-specific list, though i'm leaning toward preferring it.

The main problem with staying on tp750 is what seems to be objections from
people about non-75x-model postings.  I don't think there are a lot of
objections, but there have been a few explicit ones.  (Though most of the
objecting people may have resigned the list by now!-) Things get more
difficult when the topic is linux-on-the-701, which is of primary interest
to me.  All this contributes to wanting a separate list.

There are a few things balanced against that.  One is that i like hearing
about experiences with the other thinkpad models (particularly with
linux), and think there is substantial crossover relevance, since the
different models have some fundamental similarities.

Another problem with the separate list is the impermanence of the one
you'd be establishing - it would probably not be worth it to form a new
list if it would have to dissolve after six months.  However, i expect we
could find a new home for it, at that point, if it catches on.

So i'm not sure what to suggest, though i would certainly (and happily)
subscribe, if such a list were created.

(I initially intended to send this response only to you, john, but came to
think that this discussion is of relevance to the tp750 list,
particularly the question about what should and should not be included.
I'd be real happy to get a definitive answer (or be reminded of the
definitive answer, if i missed it when it went by, before now).)

And thanks for offering to take on the responsibility!

ken manheimer		klm@cnri.reston.va.us		  (703) 620-8990 x259
		1895 Preston White Drive, Suite 100
			Reston, VA 22091