Re: Will 701s move to 28.8

At 10:11 AM 12/1/95, Bill Bryan wrote:
>I almost bought a refurbished 755 because there was a IBM software upgrade
>coming out to convert the 14.4 modem to 28.8.  I bought the 701c which I
>like because of it's size and weight.  I use this 701c mostly for internet
>access.  Do you think that IBM will have a software upgrade, like the 755s
>or offer a hardware module?  I could always purchase a 28.8 pc card but I
>like the thought of having it built in...

        The 701 uses a DSP chip by Yamaha.  Its a good chip, but its not an
IBM MWave, and lacks the programmability to 28.8K that the MWave has.  I
think you're out of luck...

Randy Whittle    whittle@usc.edu               |       WWW Home Page:     |
USC Graduate School of Business (Fight on 'SC!)|          http://         |
 "Did you really think you could call up the   | www-scf.usc.edu/~whittle/|
     Devil and ask him to behave?"             ----------------------------
       -Fox Mulder on T.V.'s "X-Files" speaking to an occult practitioner