Re: TP701C w/New Media Bus Toaster?

> Date:          Mon, 20 Nov 1995 22:26:19 +0100
> To:            "Jim Lee" <leejim@peak.org>
> From:          kress@ctpsun.ciw.edu (Victor Kress)
> Subject:       Re: TP701C w/New Media Bus Toaster?

> >I have no problems at all with the Bus Toaster/TP701C combo, but I'm
> >running Linux and Win95.  Haven't tried it under DOS/Win (and never
> >will... :-)
> Hate to burst your bubble, but Win95 is still DOS/Win.:)  They just package
> it differently.  I'm told that all but the graphical parts of win95 will
> run under an OS2 virtual DOS machine.
>
> ----------------------------
> Victor Kress
> Geophysical Laboratory
> 5251 Broad Branch Road N.W.
> Washington, D.C. 20015-1305
> (202) 686-2410 x2489
> ---------------------------

Don't worry, my "bubble" is still intact :-).  As an operating
systems designer, I am well aware of the similarities between Win95
and DOS/Win31.  However, it's not as cut-and-dried as you describe.
My original comment was meant to amplify the differences between
Win95 and DOS/Win in the area of hardware configuration.  However,
this is not the place to discuss operating systems, so I will
respectfully decline to comment further...
Jim Lee				Diamond Quest Consulting
leejim@peak.org			30563 Ridge St
http://www.peak.org/~leejim	Lebanon, OR 97355