Re: Thinkpad 701 List?

>>From: Annelise Anderson <ANDRSN@HOOVER.STANFORD.EDU>
>>
>>I've got a Thinkpad 701 with modem and am having trouble making it
>>dial a Sprint access number, a phone number, and then my personal
>>code number.
>>
>>ProComm Plus knows how to do this, but IBM's Internet Access ("other
>>provider") under OS/2 doesn't seem to know how.
>>
>>Incredibly IBM's Thinkpad help number (18007722227) says this is a
>>software problem; I can get help from the TCPIP group for $149, or
>>help on OS2 Warp software for $35 (one call, I guess).
>>
>>Can anyone here help, or is there a different group for the 701 line?

How do you know when to enter the access code? I mean, do you
get a prompt or something? Or are you trying to use a calling
card number?

IBM's Internet Access can be asked to use a Rexx script for
dialing up. I had to hack up one of their pre-provided scripts
in order to run slip from my company's terminal server (which
requires s/key passwords).

If there is a simple pattern to what you have to do, Rexx is
quite easy for this job. If the timing you require is very fixed
(enter access code 15 seconds after dialing the phone number),
that should also be easy to do. Just look the example rexx
scripts in \tcpip\bin. They have a .cmd extension.

Good luck,
--Sridhar