Re: TP755Cx and any PCMCIA modem

Randal Whittle <whittle@chaph.usc.edu> writes:
|>  What I don't understand is this:  With a software upgrade, the
|> MWAVE can do 28.8K--so why would you want to even use the Megahertz modem?

I routinely connect up my MWAVE DSP to my home voice line and
my Megahertz PCMCIA card to my data/fax number.  That way, I can
easily check my voice mail thru an automated FAXWORKs dial sequence
while connecting to the company data network via my megahertz
modem on the second line.  Very practical when working in the
home office where heavy voice and data phone activity is common.

BTW, win95  does not seem to be able to use my MWAVE for faxing.  I
do have the mwave 28.8 software upgrade.  I always use the megahertz
to complete my faxing functionality not present in the MWAVE.

-Joe