Re: thinkpad backup solutions

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Randal Whittle wrote:

> 	Basically, if you want it to runn on any/all of the OS's you
> listed, then it has to be SCSI--I don't know of any other options.
>
> 	And if its SCSI and 1 GB+, I think you're talking about
> a DAT tape--pure and simple.  I don't know that any of the SCSI

Or if you already have a network card, you can backup over a network
to a SCSI device.  What I do is backup essential files to a quota-less
account I have on another system.  Then when the sysadmin of that system
(a good friend of mine who knows what I'm doing) makes a backup, he backs
up my stuff too.  :)

This way, you can backup to a SCSI DAT drive without having to buy a
SCSI PCMCIA card.
John H. Kim        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design
jokim@mit.edu       something completely foolproof is to underestimate the
jokim@tuna.mit.edu  ingenuity of complete fools." -- Douglas Adams