Re: TP755Cx and Megahertz modem

Randal Whittle <whittle@chaph.usc.edu> writes:
|> 	What I don't understand is this:  With a software upgrade, the
|> MWAVE can do 28.8K--so why would you want to even use the Megahertz modem?

I've not heard about this software upgrade. I have a 755CX with internal
14.4 mwave -- is it possible for me to upgrade?

But, even if possible, I might not do it anyway. Connecting to my company
(1km away), I found I'd get a dropped carrier some days not at all, and
some days every three minutes or so. Since switching to a different
modem (in this case, a Megahertz 14.14 PCMCIA), I've not had one single
problem. The switch only happened recently, so I'd like to try it longer
before pronouncing that I understand for sure, but at this point it's not
looking good for the internal modem....

	Jeffrey
Jeffrey Friedl <jfriedl@omron.co.jp> Omron Corp, Nagaokakyo, Kyoto 617 Japan
See my Jap<->Eng dictionary at http://www.wg.omron.co.jp/cgi-bin/j-e