TP 701 Power Supplies - International Use

Has anyone out there used a TP 701 - specifically the 701 - outside of the
United States?
In particular, have people used the US-standard 2-prong "travel" AC adapter
outside of the States? It *looks* like it can handle it: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz
input. But I don't want to wind up with dead batteries and be 6000 miles and
four weeks away from home.

Also, does anyone else have and use the "worldwide AC adapter" for the 701?
All the IBM literature says it is part number 85G6680 - but the physical
thing that IBM gave me says "P/N 85G6670" - more terrifyingly, it has an
output about 0.3A higher than what the 701 has.
Anyone else seen this adapter and successfully use it?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

--
Steve Rodrigues            | Lost, yesterday, somewhere between sunrise and
Expatriate Texan           | sunset, two golden hours, each set with sixty