MIDI problems

Hi all,

My first message seems to have been lost somewhere so I will rewrite my
letter, appologies if you receive this twice.

Since installing/uninstalling certian MIDI applications on my TP755C (ie no
MWave) I have lost my MIDI playpack in windows 3.1.  I can sill play wave
files in windows and both wave and midi files in dos - just not midi files
in windows.  When I play a MIDI file in Windows everything slows down
completely even the mouse pointer crawls across the screen and the sound
produced is very distorted and jumpy (it actually sounds as if it is trying
to play each note twice and they are over lapping)

I've tried restoring my system.ini files to their original state and
reinstalling the IBM audio drivers with no luck.  When I remove the drivers
completely nothing slows down at all but I (obviously) lose MIDI playback.

Has anyone had this same problem, any sugesstions would be appreciated as
this is one of the main uses I have for my thinkpad.

Thank you all very much in advance

Jon
marshall@ircam.fr