Infrared Port

Is anyone doing anything with the IR port? I'd be interested to
know what.

I'd like to be able to use my IR port to communicate with my HP48sx,
as well as be able to use it as an IR remote for my TV.

I don't actually want to sit in front of the TV with the ThinkPad
on my lap to control it, but I thought it would be neat for automation
of some things, like setting the clock on my VCR. I can keep the
ThinkPad sync'd with real time, and whenever the power went out,
I could tell it to reset the clock on my VCR. It'd be very handy!

Unfortunately, right now, I can't do anything with the IR port. It
doesn't seem to be working. It's also currently having problems
that when I cold boot it, it hangs, and I have to let the computer
warm up a bit, and then restart it, so I'm sending my ThinkPad in
for repair.

---
Chris Osborn, Network Administrator       Voice: 707 253 3130
Napa Valley College                         Fax: 707 253 3063
2277 Napa-Vallejo Hwy., Napa, CA, 94558
<fozztexx@nvc.cc.ca.us>           MIME ok, NeXTMail tolerated