760CD Keyboard Tilt

I saw the 760CD at Comdex Asia yesterday and managed to get a few
minutes hands-on experience with it. I wont bore everyone with
superlatives but one aspect of the design I am not impressed with
and that is the keyboard tilt.

When the cover is lifted the keyboard detaches itself away from
the body of the computor at the screen end and is raised at an
angle supported by two spring metal clips clearly visible from
the outside. The base of the computor continues to lie flat on
the table.  When I saw this I wondered about the heat. In the
case of the 75x series, when the two "legs" are extended the
whole computor is slanted at an angle which provides a space for
heat dissipation. Here there is no such space since the base
remains horizontal.

The angle of the tilt is also very acute, and may not be
sufficiently comfortable for those who are used to the tilting
angle provided by the 75x series. I didnt ask whether the angle
could be varied but it does not appear so given  that the two
metal clips could be seen.

Wilson Yip
<wyip@nicotra.com.sg>