Dock 2/PCMCIA any known problems?

I've got a DOCK II that I'm trying to use with both at TP755C and 755CSE.
I'm seeing strange things w/ the PCMCIA cards.  Both models work fine out of
the Dock using the 3C589 & MHZ1144 cards.  I'm using WinNT and Unix, with NT
on the CSE, I can use the Modem but not the 3Com card in the dock, but with
the C, neither card works in the Dock.

When I use the 755C w/ Unix in the Dock, the CIS memory for both PCMCIA
cards are garbage.  I can see the CIS memory of the cards fine in the CSE
and w/ Unix the CSE works with both cards in or out of the Dock.

Does anyone know of any limitations on using PCMCIA slots w/ Dock II?  It
appears that the slots on the pad are #0 & #1, while the Dock's are #4 & #5.
Is anyone using PCMCIA slots w/ a 755C on a Dock 2?

Thanks.

Andy Spencer                             GE Drive Systems
andy@spencer.salem.ge.com                1501 Roanoke Blvd / 287
(703) 387-7361                           Salem, VA 24153