re: Dock 2 description?

>>I'd be interested in hearing a description of the Dock II.  I'm trying to
>>decide how best to provide for a CD ROM for my impending thinkpad, and am
>>wondering whether a dockII would be a better route, in the long run, than
>>a PCMCIA SCSI + CD ROM drive.  (I suspect, from a recent message, that the
>>dock II would initially be more expensive, but i presume it would offer
>>more extensibility...)

))ken manheimer  klm@cnri.reston.va.us    (703) 620-8990 x259

Hi Ken,
    I've had a Dock 2 for a couple of months.
    I'm using the built in CD-ROM drive and external SCSI
to get to a SyQuest drive.  It can support an IDE drive as
a slave using the thinkpad internal control logic.
    It's nice docking the machine because of the built-in
power supply, dedicated attachments (thru keyboard and mouse ports),
and build in speakers.
    I like having the ability to add a cheap IDE disk and cards.
    Not worth it if you only want a CD-ROM attachment.
Joe
      _______________________________________/\\___________________
     | |   Joe Bormel,MD                ooOO-(_)-OOoo               |   |
 \     |   Reston, VA 22091   __|__     E: Joe.Bormel@palmtop.com   |     /
  \    |   (703) 758-9277  --o-(_)-o--  V: 703-904-1867 1-6479      |    /
  __|__       3     3     3     o     3     3     3      __|__ |
    |      D      D      D      O      D      D      D     |