Re: Cat's tongue part # ?and WARNING

In a message dated 95-10-19 15:50:20 EDT, jokim@tuna.mit.edu (John H. Kim)
writes:

>I finally got to try one (for some reason it completely slipped my mind)
>and I LOVE it!  What was the part number and order phone number again?

I'm not sure exactly about the part number for the new Trackpoint caps (Cat's
Tongues) but here is the phone number for a free replacement cap from IBM...
1-800-520-8765--- They request your model and serial number of your Thinkpad.

This is what IBM has to say for the caps...

Dear Customer,

Recently, IBM discovered that a small number of the smooth rubber caps used
on some Trackpoint pointing devices found on certain models of ThinkPad
computers may, over time, contribute to keyboard malfunction.

To ensure the continued satisfaction of customers, IBM is offering ThinkPad
owners a free replacement cap. IBM will provide customers with the upgraded,
no-slip rubber TrackPoint caps featured on IBM's latest ThinkPad models.

Enclosed, you'll find a no-slip replacement cap. IBM recommends that you
replace and discard the smooth cap presently in use on your ThinkPad. For
further information call 800-772-2227 in the US; in Canada call 800-565-3344

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

IBM