Re: Win 95

>> have any of you heard of a technical cd rom call "windows 95 resource
>> toolkit" or something like that?  it's supposed to cost a couple
>> hundred dollars.  none of my distributors have heard of it.

> The Windows 95 Resource Kit is a 1300 page manual that comes with software
> (administrative tools).  It lists for 50 bucks, most places sell it for 40.
> With my discount, I paid $27 for it.  It is an invaluable resource if you
> want to take advantage of all the stuff that is in Windows 95 (for example,
> setting  up one of your machines on the network to be a fax server).  The
> Windows NT Resource Kit is 4 volumes, and that one does list for a couple
> hundred dollars.  The 95 Kit is available from CompUSA and probably most
> other large-scale computer stores...

Isn't this thrown in for free with the Win95 GA release on CD-ROM?  I know
that there is a "resource kit" directory on my CD, as I've used it a few
times in setting up the Win95 SLIP/PPP scripting software.

Before throwing more money at Brother Bill, you might want to check your CD
or borrow someone else's in the event that you have the floppy disk version
of the Win95 distribution.

--
Karl E. Yeanoplos
Denver, CO