Introductions

Well, the welcome message said to introduce myself so here goes. I
run a computer lab for a living and have a collection of unusual
computers. My Thinkpad is one of the low end models, a 355 Cs. This
is not a member of the 350 line, it is more of a cut down 360. I only
has one PCMCIA slot (I, II or III), no expansion bus connector and a
dual scan screen. Currently I have 8M memory and a Toshiba 528M hard
drive, without an "official" IBM case (too tall). I have OS/2 Warp,
Linux 1.2.8 and PC-DOS 7.0 installed, each having separate
partitions. I use OS/2's boot manager to switch between os's and have
been quite pleased on the whole with it. I also have a Media Vision
Reno external CD-ROM that works under OS/2 and DOS but not Linux
since I have a parallel scsi adaptor. I also have an Iomega Zip drive
that I am very happy with, helps lessen the load on the hard drive. I
have an Digicom Scout 14.4k PCMCIA modem and an Apex (IBM made) PCMCIA
sound card.

Now for a couple of questions. Anyone know if it is possible to
purchase the hard drive CABLE from IBM? Not the case, just the CABLE.
I would think this could be an item to be replaced due to wear. Also,
has anyone tried IBM's new MWave based PCMCIA card? I had heard that
it supports OS/2 and DOS protected mode games under OS/2, any
comments?

Sorry if these questions rehash old discusions and feel free to ask
me about anything in my configuration. I have been working with Linux
since 0.12 so I am pretty good with it. With OS/2 I go back to 1.1
and DOS I actually have a copy of 1.25 if I can find it.

Pete

using

Peter W. Borders

Network Engineer - Business Division - Tidewater Community College

tcbordp@vbbusnw1.tc.cc.va.us