MWave 2.0 for OS/2 Connect

Hi Thinkpad users,

As this is my first post to this mailing list, I would like to
introduce myself. My name is Shinichi Sakata. I am a relatively new
user of Thinkpad 755CX and using it for my research activities.

My machine has a Kingston's 16MB memory card and 3Com's Ethernet card
on it. I am using OS/2 connect as the OS of the machine. This
environment is basically very comfortable for me.

But I've got a problem recently. I tried to install MWave 2.0 support
for Warp on my machine a few days ago. But "setup.exe", the
installation program of MWave 2.0 for OS/2, aborted before finishing
installation. When it aborts, it leaves ISDEL running in the
background. Because it seems that most people are happy with MWave
2.0, I am really curious. So, I have tried the following:

1. Remove the memory card and the ethernet card from the machine, then
   run setup.exe. (This was really painful. It tool forever to start
   OS/2 connect with 8MB memory.)

2. Apply the corrective service disketts I found at IBM's site, then
   run setup.exe.

3. Remove all network related lines from config.sys and restart the
   machine.  Then run setup.exe.

None of the above worked. Now I have no idea what to try next. Can
anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

  Shinichi

--