Introduction . . .

Greetings all;

I always get a little uncomfortable with this, but it seems to be the custom on
this list, so here goes:

My name is Dennis Gormley.  I work in Philadelphia for the Health Sciences
Libraries Consortium (HSLC).  We are an internet provider, mainly to the
library community in Philadelphia.

Over the summer, we decided to outfit our training lab with ThinkPads, as we
also do a fair amount of on-site training.  We settled on the TP755CE.  They
have 8MB RAM and 340MB hard drives (at least, I thought they were 340MB; after
last week's discussion, I'll have to get out my slide rule and look again!)

The major applications for most of them is ProComm Plus for Windows 2.1,
Trumpet Winsock 2.04b, and NetScape in various versions.  One has Windows 94
loaded - for that, we used the MicroSoft Dialup networking instead of Trumpet
Winsock.  We hope to have Win'95 loaded on all of them, mainly as a matter of
support for our users; we've already had plenty of calls about Win'95 from our
users.

We've downloaded the MWave 2.0 drivers from Compuserve and loaded them on the
TP that has Win'95 loaded. There seems to be no problems with modem operations,
although the sound still sounds like it's being run through a distortion
device.

In my spare(?) time, I perform folk and traditional Irish music several times
a month.  I also avidly follow the Philadelphia Eagles in their fight to
maintain mediocrity.

Thanks!

\          Dennis J. Gormley                           Tel:  (215) 222-1532
\\         Operations Manager                          Fax:  (215) 222-0416
\\\\       Health Sciences Libraries Consortium        Int:  gormley@hslc.org
\\\\\\     3600 Market Street, Suite 550
H S L C    Philadelphia, PA   19104-2646
(my work .sig)

Dennis Gormley                                              ####
GORMLEY@HSLC.ORG                                          (-O-O-)
"On the Internet, nobody gets the last word!"               ___________ //

(My personal .sig)