Re: TrackPoint II drifting

--> From owner-tp750@cs.utk.edu Sun Oct  1 13:46 EST 1995
--> Date: Sun, 01 Oct 1995 14:39:02 -0400 (EDT)
--> From: Mark_Strawcutter <MJSTRAW@grove.iup.edu>
--> Subject: Re: TrackPoint II drifting
--> To: tp750@cs.utk.edu
-->
--> >I had this problem on my TP 350 as well in MS Windows 3.1.  Your  post
--> >doesn't state if you this is a Windows or DOS or whatever releated problem.
-->
--> Both.  Mostly noticable in Windows, but also with WP5.1 for DOS.
-->
--> >If running Windows 3.x, have your co-worker double check to see if
--> >Windows is installed for "MS-DOS System with APM" (instead of "MS-
--> >DOS System").  Making this change solved this problem for me.i
--> >This needs to be done from DOS - not from within Windows or in a DOS box.
-->
--> What needs to be done - the checking or the reinstallation?

Both.  You will need to run the setup.exe program in your Windows directory.
I don't know if it will solve the problem or not since it is
showing up in DOS, and my solution involves changing your Windows installation.
Granted, I hardly ever used a DOS program on it that made use of the
Track Point, most all of  my software is Windows based.
When my TP was doing this (mostly) was when the APM would kick in - well
actually when you tried to resume after suspending.

Good luck,

Michael J. Sears
sears@ecn.purdue.edu