Re: MWave version 2.00

> I am using the Mwave modem in the US (the old 14.4) with no problems. I
> will shortly be traveling to Germany and England, what do I need to
> sucessfully use the Mwave modem there to call back to the US and connect?

When I finally got the Telephony Kit for the 755CD there was a diskette
called: IBM Thinkpad 755CE/755CD Mwave DSP Telephony Diskette. Version1.10.
This diskette containes a lot of files called WTTBL0XX.DAT which gives
you the oppurtunity to select different countries in the "Country Selection".
You have to install this.

I have now read the MWAVE200.DOC file and it says something like:
"Do not install MWAVE200 if you plan to use your modem in any other countries
than Japan/US/Canada." So much for being in a hurry getting the latest update
of everything :(

--
//// Harald Skotnes		// Email: harald@staff.cs.uit.no  /
/// Dept. of Computer Science  // Phone: +47 77 64 41 16         //