Linux & X on TP755CX

Can anyone help me out here ? I've installed Linux on a TP755CX without any
hitches and I now have X running but only in 640x480 (though the virtual
screen seems to be ok). X complains, something about "dot clock" speeds (?),
and discards any attempts to get it to recognise 800x600. I guess there are
parameters that I have to set in the XF86Config file; what do they have to
be to get the full resolution ?

Is anyone out there happily running X to 800x600 on a 755CX ?

Thanks,

Dave Pellatt